Tips For Finding A Summer Internship
Summer internships can be a great way to bulk up your resume and gain experience in your desired field. Here are some tips to help you survive the application process and land your dream position.
- Begin your search as early as possible. Though you may be looking for positions that start in May or June, most applications are due sometime in March. Looking early also gives you time to prepare the best application possible.
- Review and revamp your resume, ensuring that it is current. Since you may not be able to fit all your work experience on one page, tailor your resume to the position for which you’re applying. Use your cover letter as another opportunity to showcase your talents and qualifications.
- Use your connections, whether through Linkedin or in-person interactions. Reaching out to people you know in a field can help you stand out from the vast number of other applications.
- Explore all the resources at your disposal in your search, whether it’s the school career center or a website such as InternMatch, Internships, and Internship Programs. If you have a list of companies in mind, check out the career section on their website and see if they list any internships.
- Be prepared for the interview, researching the company and fully understanding your relevant qualifications. Check out these tips to help you prepare.
Internships can help you make the most of your summer and understand what working in a specific field entails. With these tips in mind, hopefully, you can better understand how to get the internship you want.